Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Yes, we are crazy...but it is the good kinda crazy!

Dear Jaimes,

We should definitely have our heads checked, but we knew this already, and it has little or nothing to do with this goal. First, thank you for including me on this monumental step. When you told me about your plan, I wanted to share this experience with you, encourage you, and use it to bridge the geographic distance between us. The plan also fit so well with what I hoped for myself--to improve my health and attitude about obtaining my goals--it made sense to say 'yes.'

I second your thoughts on the emotions we're experiencing, particularly the comfort of sharing a life-changing and horizon-expanding experience with you. I have always disliked despised running. I've never been able to run far (and my definition of far is anything more than my couch to the pizza delivery guy), I was always one of the last to finish mile runs in school, and though I went to college in the jogging capital of the world, I sneered at the runners as I drove to Krispy Kreme. During the softball seasons growing up, running was a punishment for mistakes or attitude. My teammates and I worked our butts off to avoid it. Now, many years later and in less shape, I choose to run. It is an empowering feeling.

So here we go.

After all, partners in crime must be prepared to make their getaway on foot.

Sending love and cheers,
Kristi

No comments:

Post a Comment